Lift Your Soul

Friday, July 16, 2010

Brave

I have been in Az for nearly two weeks now. It has been so great spending time with my family and friends. Tonight I can't help but feel a bit lost. How is it when we are surrounded by so many loved ones and so much to do but we still can feel empty or alone? Maybe it's just me. Tonight has been a bit hard for me. I saw friends whom I love dearly. Had a lot of laughs. Reminisced of good times. I would catch myself not commenting or smiling and I would have to remind myself to enjoy the night and be happy. As I got home to my brothers house I just started to pour my heart out to my sister in law. I was explaining to her things I'm trying to overcome and how I'm on this journey to find balance. To find the will and intuition to live my life. The other day a close friend of mine asked what I do when I feel discouraged. I had just been reading this book to my nephew and in it I read; Inspire is: To breathe life into a persons heart, to make her feel joy to be alive. This gave me chills. I felt like it was meant to be the motto of my life. I told her this hoping it would lift her spirits. When we try and not focus on ourselves and try to be there for someone else, it truly lifts us up. As my sister in law and I were talking she told me I was brave. It meant so much to me that she said that. I don't think she realized it but at the moment her faith in me lifted me up from feeling like the world was closing in. Today especially {& every day} I am grateful for the ones who are close to me in my life who have never given up on me.

9 comments:

  1. Love you Jo! Sorry to hear you had a bad day I love you!!!!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never give up on you Jolayne! I love you! And I'm so glad I got to see you last night, it was SO much fun reminiscing and catching up. I am so grateful for all of my friends in my life especially the ones in the past that make it feel like even after 7 years they never even left. :) Keep in touch girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Jo and believe in you just like your sister in law!! Thanks for being such a great friend! :) LOVE YOU TO PIECES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading it again. I didn't have time to write a comment when I was on last time. I envy the beach and Az for 2 wks. Visiting old friends about going vacations to Az. I loved the times twice a year when I went to Az to with my Mom.I love you girl. Blogs, Skype and Vontage phones make it so much easier to be 10,000 miles away from family. Love, Madre

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you are BRAVE! It takes guts to change anything in our lives. For you to move here, make the necessary changes in your life, start school and make friends, it certainly puts you in the BRAVE category! :)
    We miss you! See you on Wednesday! Anne says: Hi Auntie JoJo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids saw your car at erics yesterday and got excited cause they thought they were going to see you! Can't wait for you to be back. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. um that's obviously me and not steve, don't know why it says that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so very BRAVE my dear Jo...keep your head up and keep inspiring us all through your blog girl! You are more amazing than you give yourself credit for. Miss you terribly, hope AZ is as fab as you've told me;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. jo i know so much what you say. i have felt that way for months ever since i had my baby i feel so empty and i can be in a room full of people that are all having so much fun and i think to myself i wander if anyone would even noticed if I was missing .? i know what you are feeling, Maybe all too well. i have been reading articles on joy and that helps most of the time to find my joy for a little bit then i go find another article!
    love you

    ReplyDelete