Lift Your Soul

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Asphalt & Pavement

As I was flying into Orange County last week I couldn't get these thoughts out of my head: There are no trees, There is no green, No Space, No empty land, So much smog, Too many cars, People everywhere, Tall buildings. I couldn't help but think to myself that what I was looking at looked like it had started out as a big city with buildings everywhere and later little bits of greenery and a few trees were "added". I felt like I couldn't breathe! I'm someone who loves being in wide open spaces where it's so easy to look around and find beauty in the earth. That might sound odd but I absolutely love the earth, trees, grass, wheat fields, the blue sky, wild flowers.. There is so much serenity in absorbing the beauty of the world outside. I had such a great time with my family at the beach {pictures to come} but I couldn't help but talk about all these thoughts I couldn't get out of my head. I'm just a lover of the land. Maybe it's the Irish in me. I don't like getting caught up in the building fascinations of the world. With "what's next"?? California is a beautiful place, that's where I was born! I just wish there was more green life for everyone to enjoy. There should be more land than concrete. The beach is one of my favorite places to be, so peaceful. That will never change. Now I'm out in Queen Creek Az. Love it. It's so different from Utah or Cali but it's still on the outskirts of the craziness of the city. Room to breathe. It's been so great having time to discover a new area. I'm so happy and grateful I have this time in my life to do this. It's been amazing spending time with my family and life long friends.

2 comments:

  1. Im so glad that you came with us to Cali and as we speak we are planning a fun night out in QC. I just love being around you!!! I do know what you mean about the city. Just living out here in QC in the one area preserved with miles of corn, wheat and cotton fields makes me feel like im in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing like the quiet of the night when all you can hear is the crickets. I love being on the outskirts of life in my own world! But for know I will soak up the suns rays and your presence here!!!! I love you to pieces! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jolayne I just love you and I love your blog. You are the sweetest girl I know and it was such a blast seeing you again. It felt just like old times. I've missed you girl. K well next week I'm all about another girls night!!

    ReplyDelete