Lift Your Soul

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Power of Family

Serioulsy I have to say I have the most amazing/awesome family EVER!! I stayed at my sister Christa's last night in Salt Lake. We took the kids to the Gateway, let them play in the water, went shopping, got pizza plus I can't forget our diet coke and fresca! We also rented a movie and watched our favorite tv shows. I must say it was a fabulous night. Chrissy also made her famous rice crispies that I could not stop eating! We never get to just hangout and chill so I was loving it! Although I did have to keep peeking over at her during the movie to make sure she didn't fall asleep on me ;) Spending time with my family is definitely my favorite thing to do. Over anything else I know that I am the happiest when I'm with them. And plus they are such funny people! We just laugh and have a good time. I'm just so lucky and grateful to have my brothers and sisters as my best friends. They are so down to earth and always bring back to what life is really about. My life would not be the same with out them. They have and still do make such an impact in my life. When Chris went to bed I was going through her laptop and found all these old pictures. So all of them are hers. I decided to post them for memory sake and so I would have them.



This was a very special time in April of this year. I was so blessed to have all my family with me. There is nothing like it when we are all together.

This is all us kids in order from right to left. Yes we are backwards!

Jojo, Trav and Colyn.. this is one of my favorite pics. This is in Az.

My Daddy and I out by our pasture in College Ward


Christa and Malia visiting Grandpa & either Henry or Jameson , can't tell from this pic & yes I named them!



Love my Sister


Me and Trav at an Angels game in California one year when we were camping out at the beach
My beautiful-gorgeous-talented-caring-amazing sister!! She just had her birthday. This pic is right after I cut about nine inches off her hair. She always looks great no matter what length her hair is at. She has the most beautiful hair. Since she had her b-day I just wanted to take this chance to say how grateful I am to have her in my life. She has done so much for me. She has always been one of my greatest examples. I only hope that I can emulate her one day. It's so funny because no matter where we go people always think I'm the mom of her kids and she's younger than me. What can I say she is small and petite and will always look young! What a lucky girl. Love you sis.
Grandma and baby Malia

Me, Chris & Malia soakin up the sun in Bear Lake

Us in Brianhead
This is typical Christa when I want a good picture taken!! She thinks she is funny! ;)


This is when Christa was pregnant with her first, Malia. We were at her baby shower in Az at my sister in law Stacy's. And this is Charlotte my other sister! Today is her birthday!! This woman is so completely amazing-genuine-empathetic-crafty and loving! She always calls herself my second mom. I love it. We are 18 years apart and we have a special relationship. It's so funny that we are so far apart in age but we are also so much a like. We have a lot of the same interests and personality traits. I remember when I lived in New York she would always write to me and send packages. I use to put her oldest, Tyler who is 15 now to sleep when I rocked him on my knees. I will never forget how she made me feel so loved when I was across the states. Love you Char Char!!

Sisters in Az at Colyn & Cassies

Me and baby Izzy
Chris, Mama and Izzy boy

Christmas open house at Secret Haven a few years ago
LOVE you my sweet family!! Including my amazing sis & bro in laws and all our beautiful grandchildren

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! How much did she pay you to write this? I may need to pay one of my sisters to write something about me on their blogs haha. Jolayne I miss you! I'm so glad you're having a good time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, so sweet and such cute pictures!! I LOVE all of the Macdonald girls. You are ALL so loving, talented and drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jolayne, thank you for being so obedient and posting PICTURES. I know I nag you, but what wonderful memories. I love you all so much and grateful that you all love each other so much. Hopefully we will create some new one this summer. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete