Lift Your Soul

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Quote: "I Am A Man Of Memories"



Yesterday was such a special day. It started out pretty normal. I was watching Annie while Tanya & Eric took all the boys up the mountains to chop wood. They were gone most of the day. Tanya and I were planning to meet my sister Christa at the Conference center for the General Relief Society meeting. We were both running a little late but as soon as we were ready we were out the door! Driving from Payson to SLC takes about a hour. We had a close call, there could have been an accident but honestly we really feel we must have had angels with us. That was the first thing Tanya said to me after the meeting and I couldn't agree with her more. We were suppose to be there for that meeting. Just the feeling in the room alone was so serene. Nothing else in the world came to my mind or mattered to me. Words were spoken and I know I was hearing what the Lord needed me to through his valiant servants. I was so inspired listening to Julie B. Beck talk about the history of Relief Society. She said that studying our history helps us learn who we are. It is our responsibility to do our part in the Plan of Salvation. By rising above personal disasters and by strengthening faith and serving others we are working as the Lords hands. I love when she stated "Repair daughters of God to prepare for eternal life- is the purpose of Relief Society." I just had this feeling that I must and need to reach out to others as so many have graciously helped me find peace in my life. I was one who needed repair and I am now seeing and experiencing a whole side of life I was choosing to live with out. Repentance is so real. Forgiveness & Acceptance are such a huge part of the LDS church. We must ACT. When the Prophet stood at the podium my eyes could hide no tears. I was completely consumed by the spirit. This is the greatest feeling that exists! No doubt, wonder, guilt, anxiety.. just pure peace. One of the first things he said was "I am a man of memories." I loved it. He is such a loving man. He shared memorable experiences with us. This was the first time I had the feeling that I knew he was a man of God. He is the Prophet right now for a reason. I felt so much love and compassion for him. He explained about our thoughts and how we view each other. He said that "dirty windows make us think that the laundry we see on the line is dirty." There is no way we can know anothers circumstance or intention by their appearance. JUDGE NOT. "Judging by appearance is such a poor measure of a person." We have heard many times "Charity is the pure love of Christ." True charity is love in action. It is so important to remember others and to reach out to them. Everyone on this earth needs the loving support of someone else. I am so grateful for such a strong, spiritual giant leading and setting an example for us. President Monson left us with these words "I pray that heavens blessings may ever be yours." I thought it was beautiful! I left that meeting wanting to be a better person who is not afraid to accept any human being that I meet on my path in life.








5 comments:

  1. I love that you wrote down your thoughts on the meeting. Reading them helped me also remember the beautiful words that were spoken. I loved when someone said to feel pity for someone is human-like but to give relief to someone is god-like. Reading your testimony of the gospel makes mine grow, you are a relief giver :)

    Loved the pics! I wished so bad I was there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing girl!! I love you and am sooo happy for you!! THIS is exactly what you needed and I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jo girl. Our computer is finally working again, so this is the first time I have been able to see the blogs for a while. Your spoken words and pictures are so wonderful. No wonder you are doing so well in English.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, i haven't been on here in a while. I'll be sure to post a picture of you with food in your mouth really soon! Conference was so much fun, I'm so glad we got to go. What a sweet post you did about your sisters. You are such a kind, sweet person jo. Seriously, I was thinking the other day how you commented people think my kids are yours, I think the real reason is that my kids are always hanging all over you cause they're so obsessed with you! Seriously, Isaac was just talking about you tonight. We all love you so much! Let's get together soon!

    Um, how much did you pay dad to make a comment?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome. I felt the same way during conference this past weekend. When you hear them talk, there is such a peaceful feeling and there's no doubt or question that they're speaking for Heavenly Father. p.s thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog...i so appreciate the support and advice!

    ReplyDelete