Lift Your Soul

Friday, October 8, 2010

Real Life


I love to read novels. This is one I just finished. If you love your ancestry like I do and you're Irish or English you will love this book. And a major plus is if you love horses! A lot of the spare time I have I end up with my nose in a book not caring about much else. I love being so taken in by a great story. When you just can't set your book down. When you are gone for work or school for the day you just can't wait to get some time to just forget about "Real Life". That's when I dive right back into a story that has struck my life in someway and left an impact. Sometimes I feel it can be a bad thing because it's easy to lose your self in a book and mindlessly forget about putting effort forth to be social in your actual life. {Anyone who knows me knows I'm really bad at this!} This is going to sound corny but honestly I am not a character in one of my books! I feel so much like them sometimes that it seems real. When I'm so involved in a great read I compare it to my life in different aspects. It changes my view sometimes on what I think might really happen to me. I think it can be good and bad. Most importantly I just have to remember that I have no control over what someone else said or does. People are going to disappoint you and you may even disappoint yourself sometimes. That is the beauty of life, we don't know what is going to happen! Some people like me that might feel like not knowing the future is a heavy burden and it causes you to stress and worry cause you're not sure how to be prepared for the unknown. That's why books are so liberating because you can just escape and forget about the day to day anxiety you feel about things. It's so important to always remember that we all have a purpose. We are each special in our own way and give meaning to life that we don't even realize. We are ALL apart of the plan. I'm so grateful for amazing writers who have the talent to draw my mind away from the things of the world and help me feel uplifted. I just have to remember to enjoy my "Real Life" at the same time. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I seriously was just thinking "after i check everyone's blogs, I'm going to go read" because I miss reading. And when I'm studying my nursing notes, I just always complain how I wish I was reading enjoyable stuff. It's so nice to go into another world in your mind. You would love Anita Stansfield's Gables Against the Sky and Gable Faces East. You will seriously be in heaven! Look it up online, and then after you read it, you can thank me later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Brittany I love you.. I will read them and then thank you! ;)

    ReplyDelete