Lift Your Soul

Sunday, October 31, 2010

happiness.. it's real!




I LOVE my family!! Seriously how is it possible to be blessed with the most special people as my family members? Today was a long anticipated day that I really wanted to be over with. A few weeks ago I had gotten a phone call from my brother. I was totally taken off guard because as I was talking to my brother Eric, I realized it was really the Bishop calling to talk to me! (yes my brother is my Bishop :) He asked if I'd speak in our ward. I was in complete shock. I seriously couldn't answer him. I just sat there on the phone in silence. Thinking he can't really think I can do this right? Then he said, Jolayne you will do a great job, I know you will. I was like he is serious! haha So anyway of course I accepted setting all fear aside. Well, attempting to set all fear aside. I couldn't help the fact that I panick, worry and stress out about every little detail of everything I do. I spent so much time trying to prepare for it. Searching all different talks and trying to find the exact information I wanted to cover. I found some great insights and I'm so happy it's over with. This really was an amazing opportunity for me to learn, study and grow. I'm so grateful Eric had faith in me that I could do it. He didn't doubt me for a minute, I still can't believe it. I know many people probably don't get as scared as I was but I really feel so good that I did it! I was so excited because my sister Christa came with her whole family. I couldn't believe she came at 9 in the morning from SLC with her husband and 3 little ones. I love her so much! My family is always there for me giving support and no cost. I am truly blessed. I hope they all know I am here just the same! I felt the presence of my mom and dad there in the congregation. It was the strangest thing. But it really helped me feel comforted and confident. I am so grateful for this church and the Gospel!! It can only bring HAPPINESS to our lives! I love my Savior so much. I am so grateful to be on the road I am on and learning these amazing lessons that I will have with me my whole life. Here are a few pictures from today. Enjoy!


pic #1.. My sis Christa always does something random when I'm trying to take a picture! Little sneak ;)






3 comments:

  1. Oh I bet you did so good! How we would have LOVED to have been there to here you speak. You are so thoughtful and insightful, I'm sure you inspired the congregation to be better. Cute pictures!

    The Autumn pics are stunning!

    I am SO excited to see you in a few weeks!!!!! We miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so impressed. You did a great job. I know we were meant to be there being that we missed the alarm clock and didn't get up until 8!!!! I lov eyou so much and am so proud of you

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you are so beautiful!! inside and out! love you

    ReplyDelete