Lift Your Soul

Monday, August 23, 2010

All things broken..

My heart is so full. I have to share my gratitude. I have made so many big decisions over the summer. I wasn't working for a long time. I was focusing on getting my life back together and strengthening myself spiritually and physically to have the courage to take on life again. I have gone through a remarkable change. Some maybe have never had the desire to give up on life. A lot of great people in my life are so strong and have stayed so close to the Lord that they have never felt the awful feeling of deserting everything they ever knew. I admire them so much. I have been doing all that I am capable of to show the Lord I am forever on His side. That I never want to choose darkness again, even if in a weak moment I feel giving in would just be easier. It is always more difficult and heart breaking to recover and rebuild yourself once the adversary is through with you. We all have something to live for. It is times like these we can learn and grow. We can prepare ourselves to reach out and recognize those who are in deep sorrow around us. This has all been possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the Savior and the sacrifices He made for me. I start school this week. I'm going back after seven years and it's terrifying. My brother gave me a blessing tonight and I know everything he said was prompted by the spirit. One thing I must share, "All things broken can be mended through Jesus Christ". These words touched my heart. I knew they were meant specifically for me. I honestly feel I have been broken and with my family at my side I have been on the path way to be healed. If you have ever felt so low that your only option is to give up, turn to the Lord. He is waiting for You.

5 comments:

  1. I love you Jolayne! I wish we lived close so I could see you right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I'm having a bad day and am feeling bad about myself, I know I can go to your blog and like I said before, TOTALLY be uplifted. I've also seen the Savior's amazing influence fixing broken things in my life, and it's amazing to know someone else has also. Good luck with school, you will do great!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you and Haylee are bloggin' buddies! What a good example you are. I'm excited for you to start school. I always have dreams that I am going back to school, I get so nervous, so I can imagine you are nervous after 7 years away. That is such a beautiful line from your blessing and is so true. I too am so grateful for the Saviors mending powers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me cry! I love you sis and will be home soon so we can get together! can't wait to hear everything about school! Love you so much and am so proud of all the decisions you are making! and I totally told you you'd get the job! you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how much I love you and how much the family does. So glad we have blogs, phones, and computers. College girl. Enjoy, Mom

    ReplyDelete