Lift Your Soul

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Feeling Inspired

I have needed a day like today for weeks now. Sure today had it set backs and sad moments but then I had time to focus on the beautiful words that have lifted my soul lately. To start off the day it was Fast Sunday. I had really been looking forward to going to church. Church always makes me feel better about life. The purpose of my fast today was to feel closer to Christ. To feel that my faith was based on something so real and true. In my past whenever I have gotten back on track the adversary tries to work on me in different ways since the old methods don't work any longer. The major thing I have got to rise above is how he brings doubt into my life. About everything from who I am to where I'm going and what I believe. I felt the spirit testifying to me in so many ways today. There is no way I could deny it. The Gospel is so real. I know with out it I would not be on this earth this present day. My brothers family and I went camping this past weekend. When they were putting the kids to bed I was sitting by the fire having discomforting thoughts. Tanya came outside and she started telling me a lesson she had in Seminary in High School. She said the teacher had a 50 ft string stretched across the class room. In the middle of it was a metal washer. He said that the left side of the washer was our pre- mortal life and the right side was our future life through the eternities. The washer represented our earthly life and how the choices we make here effect eternity. I felt the spirit so strong and she didn't even know how I was feeling. That moment brought me back to the perspective that we are here but a moment. There is so much more to the plan of salvation. The free agency we have now determines everything for our next life. I need to not stress, worry, & think all the time about what I need to do and just live. Repentance is real. The Atonement is so real! I thought of the Sons of Perdition. Those who deny the Holy Ghost after believing. I know this is where the Adversary wants me and I refuse to give in. As Boyd K. Packer has said: "Your mind is a stage, you can only entertain one thing at a time". Let yourself believe and have faith in what you know is true. Don't let the things of the world stand in your way.

5 comments:

  1. I love you Jo! You're such an inspiration to this entire family! Tanya is always so in tune with the spirit, I am sure that those things she shared were inspired. I am so glad that you have such determination to move forward with your life in the right direction and not fold under satans pressure! You are so strong! I miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wish you could see yourself through my eyes, because if you did, you would never doubt for a second who you are. I love you so much and think you are such a beautiful, talented, exceptional person! My kids miss their Jojo, so we need to come see you. We were thinking about today but Malia has a terrible rash all over her hands and she's really freaking out about it! Call you later

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me "feeling inspired". I LOVE reading your thoughts and learning from your experiences, you are AMAZING! It is so great to be reminded to step back and look at "the big picture". I too am so glad for this knowledge it really makes the stresses of today seem a lot simpler. Not only are you drawing closer to Christ but you also drawing others closer to him. You are a missionary. Thank you for the reminder of why we are hear, I needed it! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Jolayne! I love reading your blogs, it's nice to know people's deep thoughts and I admire that you are willing to express them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoJo!! I love you and feel like a horrible cousin for not keeping in touch as well as I should! We totally need to get together. I hope you know you are ALWAYS welcome at mi casa, anytime! I miss ya tons and hope we can plan something soon! I'm glad you found my blog, I didn't even know you had one. I'll call you soon, or you can call me too! We should plan a fun girls night or something! Love you mucho!

    ReplyDelete